Resolution Matters, Inc.
Steve Shapiro is an expert mediator and arbitrator practicing for the past three decades in the areas of complex energy, telecommunications and other commercial matters. Mr. Shapiro’s practice was founded under the principle of balancing subject matter expertise with process excellence.
Mr. Shapiro has demonstrated leadership and competence in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution by serving as a founder of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s Office of Dispute Resolution; Chairing an American Bar Association Task Force where he developed national guidance on mediator and agency confidentiality in federal disputes; helped in deregulation of the energy markets mediating the Large and Small Generator Interconnection Standard Agreement; and helped establish the PJM Reliability Capacity Pricing Model.
Mr. Shapiro has also represented large utility scale solar developers in their interconnection agreements; served on arbitration panels dealing with renewable energy credits, interconnection issues, and valuing projects based on future energy prices.
Mr. Shapiro provides alternative dispute resolution services to the victims of September 11, 2001 and the U.S. Government, where the Claimants are largely courageous first responders suffering from airborne breathing diseases and various forms of cancer.
- American Arbitration Association Large Commercial Complex and Energy Panel
- The International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution
- The New York Stock Exchange Arbitration Panel
- Construction Dispute Resolution Services
- Creative Dispute Resolution Services of Maryland
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- The American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- The Maryland Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Committee
- The Energy Bar Association